Tuesday 11 December 2012

Thank you for the year gone by......!

I have now been blogging for just over a year because it was on 7th December 2011 that ‘Wondering Allowed’ was born..............371 days ago to be precise!!
The infrastructure has featured in my blogs mainly about Thika Road along where I live, so has the game of golf which I have too little time to play and enjoy in my limited free time, as have issues regarding my family and my friends, stories that touched me and which I shared and those that I culled from my C: drive written some time back but now adapted and updated to reflect the current situation. Politics, being the staple diet of the average Kenyan out there and being prone to cause disagreements based on biases, innuendos and insinuations took a back seat but got a toe in comment somewhere along the blogway (is there a word like that?) inspite of my decision even before I started the blog that politics would have no airtime on it!
I can now imagine what the editors of the ‘Nairobi Star’, that erstwhile precursor of ‘The Star’ must have felt when they initially decided to forego politics (or so I heard) when it was launched  only to change their editorial policy to include limited political commentary after realizing that politics is what sold newspapers in Kenya.
As I celebrate this anniversary let me mention that I have enjoyed the ride and the thrill of blogging because it has been an opportunity to write about things close to my heart, things that bothered and angered me, my feelings and instincts, my political grouses, my disappointments and anguish at promises made and not met, of incidents and accidents and issues of a general nature.
I have relished writing the articles despite occasional writers block (the bane of many writers and which I had no idea about before) and sharing them on my Facebook wall and the number of hits tells me that there are those out there who appreciate my blog and come back for more.  My target in 2013 is to get at least 50 followers and your recommendations and sharing of my posts and articles to those on your social network sites as well as your friends would be appreciated. Thank you for being a part of this blog in 2012.
 As we come to end the end of the year and the start of the New Year with all its drama, intrigues and political machinations, let us remember that we are all one nation of a Kenyan brotherhood (and sisterhood………gender sensitivity you know!) and we should treat each other with decorum, respect and admiration for each one of us shapes Kenya in our own unique way and without each other we would not be the same!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR as I continue to wonder allowed in the coming year!!




No comments: