Wednesday 7 December 2011

Musings of a wonderer!!

I knew that I liked to express myself in writing several years ago. Whenever, I thought that something didn't sit well with me, I quickly got onto my computer and typed away, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes for a couple of minutes and then I would feel the tranquility of spilling the beans wash over me and a sense of peace prevailing.

But, no one read my pieces because I hid them away in my 'C': drive read and appreciated only by myself. Then the inevitable happened and we started an online magazine with my colleagues at work (where I am a pencil pusher in the financial services industry) targeting the staff members of the organisation and my creative juices were piqued for I could now write opinion pieces, reviews, fables and stories collected from deep within the recesses of my medulae on company time, on company pay and get away with it!!

Often times I would find myself wide awake at night thinking up interesting anecdotes, theories, snippets the usual flotsam and jetsam of ideas flowing through my brain unaided, unassisted and in a randomness that begged, nay, pleaded for a semblance of orderliness in my thoughts.
The creative juices flowed with wanton abandon and I quickly found that I had a following among my colleagues who looked forward to reading my pieces when the online magazine was due.

In an organisation where 75% of the staff members are in generation 'X' and 'Y' and where baby boomers like myself and a few seniors that occupy the corner offices are in the significant minority, stories of days gone by were sought after like the baseball 'collectible' cards so treasured in North America.

I like to think (pat on the back) that some even printed out these articles and hold them dear to them hoping to one day regale their children and grandchildren with them. Sometimes the source of history may be the most unlikely in years to come.


So that is my introduction and I hope to say more and reveal more as I continue to wonder allowed!!


No comments: